Development, Representation and Co-ordination
of Third Sector Interests in Scotland
Voluntary Action Scotland Strategic Plan 2012-2015 (summary)
A vision of:
- Consistentent and relevant third sector services for all communities of Scotland
- Strategic representation and influence of the third sector in national policy development and its outcomes
- Leadership of the localism agenda via strategic alliances, partnership and providing local intelligence about communities.
Five Priorities -
- Promoting and marketing the outputs of the TSI network
- Defining and reinforcing the VAS and TSI identity
- More involvement of the third sector in reshaping public services
- Strategic relationship and partnership agreements with other agencies to assure relevant service delivery
- Securing new resources and infrastructure development for the TSI network.
Operational Effectiveness through -
- Gathering and using information about TSI activity to promote the voice of the sector from an informed base
- Ensuring consistent and high quality services adopting agreed common service standards
- Promoting and delivering the Saltire Awards for volunteering and young people
- Developing VAS's governance and staff resources to improve performance
- Supporting TSIs in involvement in the Change Funds, social enterprise development and wider community empowerment action
- Setting monitoring and evaluation frameworks for VAS and the TSIs with Scottish Government
- directing the strategic development of improvement services for the third sector.
Please click here a full version of the strategic plan.